attribute: Phillie Casablanca

Japanese Insurance Point System

I've noticed that Japan uses some point system to determine how much you pay for insurance.
I was asked recently by a non-japanese speaker what this was all about so I looked it up.

Here's what I now understand:

1 point (点数) = 10 yen
You pay 30% of the total cost. The insurance company pays the remaining 70%.

Here's where I got my information:

monkut // March 1, 2009 // 8:06 p.m.